Wednesday 24 June 2015

Birthday present shopping

Tomorrow marks Evan's (my eldest son) birthday! He will be 5 years old and boy is he looking forward to it. It's a school day sadly but that's not dampened his spirits as he has sports day, so all the children get to arrive at school in their PE kits and stay that way all day. Something I know I would have liked in my school days as it means less time in the classroom!

In the run up to his birthday I've asked him over and over what he'd like but being Evan he just simply said "Mummy, just get me anything". It's sweet that he's not fussed and that I don't have the most expensive toys on my list to buy but it also made it quite diffcult as I had relatives asking what to buy but here was me not sure myself.
In the end I resorted to asking for cash or I'd try and complement their gifts with a gift we'd purchased already and that went down well.

So here are a few of the gifts I've found for Evan who really didn't have a clue what he wanted so I used my trusty Argos catalogue to find them.



 1. Disney Planes Aircraft carrier £16.99 (usually £24.99) Argos
I originally was going to order a Chad valley version with various vehicles but this one caught my eye as it was on sale and it has a section to store the planes in and to be honest it looks more appealing. I always check reviews for every product I buy and this one had a fab star rating of 4.5 out of 5. I caught it on a sale and had hoped to have bought a plane to go with it but weirdly Argos don't sell them, odd considering they sell the carrier! Luckily I found one in Sainsburys also on sale for £3.99!

2. Lego City Camper Van £14.99 (Usually £17.99) Argos
Evan got a lego set for christmas and he really enjoyed building it, yes it's been destroyed a few times but the main thing is he enjoyed it so I figured I'd get him a set. I wasn't sure which one he'd want but whilst looking through the catalogue I saw this one and instantly knew it was for him as he has a bit of a love for camper vans (just like his Mam). I was lucky again on this one as it was in the sales, I particulary like that you get two figures, a couple of tiny mugs and a canoe! he's going to be playing with it for hours I'm sure.

3. Scooter £19.99 Aldi
This was purchased a month ago by my nan after I suggested it as a gift for Eleanor (my daughter), my nan picked one up for Evan too for when his birthday came around. It was purchased from Aldi, a place a love to shop and look over their bargains on their centre aisle, it won't be on sale there now but they always bring them back.
 The scooter is quite large and would suit from age 4+, the wheels are large and it's very smooth when you ride it compared to the old scooters the kids have which feel every bump. It comes with a kick stand and can be folded for easy transport. My daughter loves hers and I'm sure Evan will too.

4. Spiderman pull cord helicopter £4.99 B&M
I've bought these a couple of times for the boys birthday presents in Evan's class at school. They always went down well and Evan's always asking if he can have one so I got one. They are very much like the pull cord faires you can get but on a larger scale. I haven't seen it in action yet but I'm pretty sure we will be going to the park to use it for fear of it flying into one of our neughbours gardens.

5. Lego Classic box £12.99 Argos
My sister bought this for him, I suggested it as I knew we would be buying a Lego set and thought this would be great to help him build whatever he wanted. It's a fairly small box but has enough Lego in to get him started.

I really hope he likes the choices, he'll more than likely recieve plenty of cards and probably a bit of money too! so no doubt he will be buying himself more Lego or likely more planes for his carrier! Either way I always enjoy present shopping, not so much the cash vanishing but the look on their faces when they see what they've got makes up for that.













No comments:

Post a Comment