Wednesday 16 October 2013

Favourite 5's

I visited my best friend Natty yesterday, she hasn't been very well so I hoped it would cheer her up, and that it did! You'll find her blog at But a mask, she blogs about her life, being a new mother and sometimes even reviews.
We got chatting, with my husband, about our favourite things and whether each of us knew the others. In the end we decided we should both do a blog about our favourite five things as, for me, I can never have one! I'm just to greedy.

The categories are some that we decided on together so here we go!

Movies:

  1. Pearl Harbour - I have loved this movie since my early teens. My favourite part has always been the two planes passing inches between each other. It's such a sad movie and really gets you thinking, luckily the ending makes up for it.
  2. Inception - A recent favourite, this movie totally confused me at times but I loved it. Leonardo Dicaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are fantastic in this movie and I kinda have a crush on Joseph now!
  3. Peter Pan - The 2003 version. I know compared to my other choices this seems odd but I really adore it. With it being actors it's just so much more different than the original and I just really loved it.
  4. Lord of the rings - Could watch these over and over, shame they are so long!
  5. Hunger Games - Really lived up to it's book, not may films manage that.
Tv Shows:

  1. Under The Dome - Cureently watching, again some of the acting is a bit off but I still like it.
  2. Lost - Now finished but I really enjoyed the twists.
  3. Hollyoaks - Only just got back into this (again thanks to my sister) and I'm hooked.
  4. Person of interest - my sister got me into this. The acting of one guy can be a bit shoddy but it's still awesome.
  5. Game of Thrones - I love this show, however the nudity does make me cringe.


Books:
  1. Hunger games - All of them! These books are amazing and I barely put them down.
  2. Harry Potter - Again, all of them! I started reading these when I was quite young. My mum had bought them for Christmas for my sister, who never reads, I was so upset. In the end she realised Mick wouldn't read them and so I got them! I read the first book in a night and was then hooked.
  3. P.S I love you - Unfortunately the movie was not nearly half as good but the book stays as one of my firm favourites.
  4. The Alchemists secret - A mystery and deceitful book. I really couldn't put it down.
  5. The secret garden - only read this recently having seen the film loads, prefer the book by far.

Food:
  1. Bolognaise/Lasagne - The spaghetti, sauce, mince and delicious garlic bread. Just delicious.
  2. Cakes - I'm awful. I just really am, cakes are my weakness. At the moment I love cheesecake, even tried making my own with Natty.
  3. BBQ - I love the taste of barbecued food, burgers, skewers(with halloumi) and ribs.
  4. Chippy chips and a battered sausage, I also love the gravy you get from the chippy.
  5. Sunday Roast, the whole hog. Meat, two veg, roast potatoes, yorkshie puds, stuffing and mint sauce mmm
Actors:
  1. Robert Downey Jnr - Fricking amazing.
  2. Joseph Gordon - Levitt - Used to watch 3rd rock from the sun with him in, next time I saw him acting was 10 things I hate about you and then Inception (which is where I think he really caught my attention).
  3. Chris Hemsworth - My favourite by far is him as Thor.
  4. Nicolas Cage - I've always liked the films he's in...no so much face off though.
  5. Paul Bettany - Love him more now for his role as Jarvis in Iron man.
Actresses:
  1. Jennifer Lawrence  - Never new she was Mystique in X-men, really first saw her act in Hunger games and thought she was amazing, not only that but she is a hilarious woman!
  2. Meryl Streep - She's utterly amazing in whatever she does.
  3. Maggie Smith - Downton Abbey, Harry potter, she is amazing in both.
  4. Ellen Page - From Juno and Inception.
  5. Jennifer Love - Hewitt - Loved her in Ghost whisperer.
So there we go! My fav's

1 comment:

  1. Pfft - Total cheat!!! You can't say all Harry Potter books :P

    ReplyDelete